Table of Contents
- Why Quick and Easy Dinners?
- Quick and Easy Dinners #1 – Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Quick and Easy Dinners #2 – French Bread Pizza
- Quick and Easy Dinners #3 – One-Pot Ham and Cheese Tortellini
- Quick and Easy Dinners #4 – Baked Parm Chicken and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner
- Quick and Easy Dinners #5 – Hamburger Soup
- Quick and Easy Dinners #6 – Garlic Toast Pizza
- Quick and Easy Dinners #7 – One-Pot Cheesy Chicken And Orzo
- Tips for Quick and Easy Dinners
You’re home after a long day, and the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen preparing dinner. We’ve all been there, haven’t we? Thankfully, there are plenty of quick and easy dinner ideas that can help you whip up a delicious meal in no time. In this article, we’ll explore five tasty and simple dinner options that are perfect for those busy weeknights. So, let’s dive in!
Why Quick and Easy Dinners?
Life can be hectic, and with so many things vying for our attention, it’s essential to have some go-to dinner ideas that can be prepared with minimal fuss. Quick and easy dinners allow you to spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your meal with loved ones. Not only do these meals save time, but they can also be budget-friendly and healthy, depending on the ingredients you choose.
Quick and Easy Dinners #1 – Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 Roma tomato – diced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Scoop out your bell peppers and place the empty peppers on a greased baking pan, hollow side up for 15 minutes.
- As they cook, brown the ground beef in a skillet with the onions and garlic.
- Drain the fat, then add the seasonings and a ¾ cup of water. Blend thoroughly and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the black beans and tomatoes and simmer for five minutes.
- Scoop into the baked peppers. Top with cheese and bake until the cheese has melted.
Quick and Easy Dinners #2 – French Bread Pizza
- 6 baguettes, halved
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 6 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup diced red and yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Lay the rolls out on a large baking sheet, and top with marinara sauce and mozzarella.
- Top with bell peppers, pepperoni, and mushroom (or use your favorite pizza toppings!).
- Put the baking sheet on the lowest rack for 10 minutes, then turn the heat up to 425, and put the baking sheet on a higher rack The cheese should start to bubble and melt.
Quick and Easy Dinners #3 – One-Pot Ham and Cheese Tortellini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 package fresh tortellini
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cup mozzarella – shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan – shredded
- ¼ cup cheddar – shredded
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and cook.
- Add diced ham and garlic. Cook until browned.
- Add in chicken broth, tortellini, peas, and heavy cream. Bring it to a boil and remove from heat.
- Mix the three cheeses together in a bowl. Add in by the handful, slowly, stirring as you go so it doesn’t separate. Leave about half in the bowl, and turn on your broiler.
- Top with cheese mix, and pop it in the broiler until melted.
Quick and Easy Dinners #4 – Baked Parm Chicken and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 12 oz asparagus
- 4 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne
- Mix seasonings together in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Using a Ziplock bag, toss and coat the chicken and asparagus with olive oil. Coat both sides of the chicken tender with the seasoning mix.
- Arrange them in a single layer on the baking dish.
- Roll the asparagus just as you did the chicken. Arrange them along the sides.
- Top with the rest of the spices.
- Bake at 400F.
Quick and Easy Dinners #5 – Hamburger Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion – diced
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes with the juice
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ cup dill pickle juice
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the onions, ground beef, and garlic until the garlic is roasted, and there are no pink spots on the beef.
- Add in potatoes, tomatoes, broth, dill pickle juice, yellow mustard, and seasonings, including the bay leaf.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Serve when potatoes are tender, and top with shredded cheese.
Quick and Easy Dinners #6 – Garlic Toast Pizza
- 1 loaf Texas Toast
- 5 tbsp salted butter, soft
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Handful of spinach
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- Mix together butter, salt, and garlic in a bowl. Coat the toast slices.
- Coat with marinara.
- Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Add pepperoni and spinach (or your preferred toppings).
- Bake for 15 minutes on 400F or until cheese is melted.
Quick and Easy Dinners #7 – One-Pot Cheesy Chicken And Orzo
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup orzo
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cube your chicken breasts into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in butter.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for an extra minute.
- Add chicken broth and water to the pan. Add orzo.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer long enough to cook the orzo as according to your package.
- Remove lid. Add in your chopped broccoli florets. Stir to combine. Cover and cook so the broccoli will steam for 5 minutes. Add water if the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove lid and add heavy cream, chicken, and cheese. Turn off the heat, and stir thoroughly until the cheese is melted.
Feeding a hungry, active family is no small job. Between picky eaters, and a schedule that pulls you in all directions, it’s tough to keep everyone happy.
These Quick and Easy Dinners are designed to be so full of flavor, even your pickiest eaters. Get out your best cookware and give them a try for your next family meal. They’re sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Tips for Quick and Easy Dinners
Keep a Stocked Pantry
Having a well-stocked pantry with essential ingredients like pasta, rice, canned beans, and spices can make it easier to create quick and easy dinners on the fly.
Meal Prep on Weekends
Setting aside some time during the weekend to chop vegetables, marinate proteins, or pre-cook grains can save you time during the week and help you put together meals faster.
Invest in Kitchen Gadgets
Investing in useful kitchen gadgets like slow cookers, pressure cookers, and food processors can help you save time and effort in the kitchen.
Don’t be afraid to use shortcuts like pre-chopped vegetables, pre-cooked grains, or store-bought sauces to make your meals quicker and easier to prepare.
In today’s fast-paced world, having a few quick and easy dinner ideas in your arsenal can be a lifesaver. With these five delicious recipes and handy tips, you’ll be able to whip up a satisfying meal in no time, leaving you more time to enjoy with your loved ones. So, go ahead and give these recipes a try, and say goodbye to those stressful weeknight dinners!
Can I make any of these recipes vegan?
Yes, you can easily make substitutions to create vegan versions of these recipes. For example, use a vegan cheese alternative or swap the chicken for tofu or tempeh in the stir-fry.
Can I freeze any of these meals for later use?
The quick and easy dinners freeze well and can be stored in airtight containers for up to three months. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
How can I make these recipes even faster?
What other quick and easy dinner ideas can I try?
There are countless quick and easy dinner ideas to explore, such as sheet pan meals, stir-fries, salads, and simple pasta dishes. Look for recipes with minimal ingredients and steps to make weeknight cooking a breeze.